Happy (5 days after) Halloween! Hope you all got a great goodie haul this year 🙂
Unfortunately, I spent mine sick in bed. Alas.
Fortunately for Basil, KitNip Box sent us a surprise in the mail! KitNip Box is a subscription box that delivers treats and toys to your house on a monthly basis for as low as $19.99/month.
Check out what we got this month 🙂
1. Autumn Scarecrow Wand – Wand toys are Basil’s favourite toys ever so this is no exception. As for me, I love the little goofy face on the scarecrow – $7
2. Playful Pet Jumping Spider Finger Dangler – This is an interesting toy as it vibrates a little bit when you drag it. It kept Basil’s attention for a hot minute – $5
3. Paws ‘n Purrs Candy Corn Bat – It is a catnip toy but it’s too big for Basil – $5
4. Best Pet Burlap Mouse with Feather Tail – Let’s just say that this toy was tail-less by the end of the night – $5
5. LEAP Owl Pal – This is another catnip toy but Basil doesn’t really fancy any plush toys – $4
6. PureBites Freeze Dried Duck Treats – HIS FAVOURITE – $4
7. ‘R Squad Feather Roller – This is a great toy to leave on the floor when you’re not in the mood for running around the house with your cat. It’s great exercise for them – $4
The best part about this is that they list out the value and description of all the toys you get in the little note card that comes with the box. This way, you know you are getting your money’s worth every month! (A $34 value for $19.99) Plus, if you ever want more treats, you know where to buy them!
SHARE THE LOVE: Do you know a special cat who could use a little pick-me-up? Gift a KitNip Box and brighten up a kitty’s day!
I felt kinda bad that the meowbox would only be for one cat so I asked them kindly to change it to Basil & PC since they share their toys.
There must’ve been catnip because it took me 5 tries to get PC off the box. Eventually I shooed her off and then Basil comes around. Good enough.
1. Fou Fou Brands – Groomie Multi-Purpose Silicone Brush [Link here] – Most of the time when you try to groom my cats, they will bite the brush. It’s been such an arduous task that I rarely brush them (even though I should probably do it once a week) But I must say, this brush did it. At least for Basil. While I used the massage end of the brush, he was able to sit still in conjunction with treating him. Great product! Not sure about the claim that it will remove pet hair from your clothes though. – $9.99
2. Claw Doodles – Floopies Frog [Link here] – Eh – it’s a cat toy. They ran off with it when they saw it but that’s about it. – $3.90
3. Cloud 9 – Egg-splosive Treat [Link here] – Grab your silicone brush and Cloud 9 cat treats and you’ve got a cat sitting still on your lap while you groom him or her. Boom. Also, it smells like some milk candy …with a hint of cat treat. I wanted to eat it. And they’re shaped like cat heads. – $17.95/6 pack ($2.99/each)
4. American Classic – Solo Play Gopher [Link here] – Cute but my cats don’t care for toys without feathers or bells – $6.00
5. Chomper – Kylie’s Nautical Feather Spool [Link here] – Great toy. PC ran off with it the moment I finished taking the photo. Like, it was gone. And so I had to run after them and put it away. I gave it to them later on and the feathers were destroyed. I wish it were more hardy but with all cat toys with feathers, they don’t stand a chance with my kids. – ~$3.85
Approximate total: $26.73
I thought this was cute and clever btw! It came free with the box 🙂 It’s like portable snacks for your cats. We take PC out for walks so this would be perfect. Just remember not to pop it in your mouth mistaking it for gum.
SHARE THE LOVE Do you know a special cat who could use a little pick-me-up? Gift a Meowbox and bright a kitty’s day!
April showers brings May flowers and this month’s MeowBox.
It’s also a time for newborn kittens so you may want to visit your local shelter for a new addition to your family or just to donate extra goodies 🙂
1. Multipet – Loofa cat for cats [Link here] – Neither cat is a big fan but I think it will be a good kicker toy when they get bored of the other toys – $3.19
2. Petcurean – Premium dry cat food [Link here] – Our cats are on a raw diet so… – $N/A
3. Lollycadoodle playmates – wool octopus [Link here] – Very cute toy – not sure if this is for cats because they didn’t even try to attack it. I think it’s a gift for me. Ok. Yes, it’s mine now. (picture below) – $13
4. Multipet – exotic featherfly toy [no link] – The cats ran off with it the moment I unpackaged it – the sign of a true cat product – appx $4
5. FoxyTricks – crochet cat ball with bell [Link here] – Cute crochet cat ball that the cats liked pawing at – chewed off the handle the moment they got their paws on it – appx $7
6. Temptations -all natural free range chicken treat [Link here] – WHAT KIND OF CAT DOESN’T LOVE TEMPTATIONS – $1.66
If you haven’t already heard about MeowBox, it’s a subscription service for cat products. Click here to find out what previous boxes had to offer.
Finally, I just want to plug my new t-shirt design.
Cat hair shirt
Do you have (a) cat(s) or know someone who does?
This is the perfect shirt for them! Let cat hair be a fashion statement.
BUY ONE TODAY
So… I felt kinda bad because I usually spend more time/pay more attention/take more pictures of Basil. I decided to get PC her own Meowbox!
God – even the handwriting looked nicer. I wonder if there’s a person who does cat names from A-L and then another for M-Z.
Here is what the box looks like once you open the feather flap.
1. Greenies – The Original Smart Treat [Link here] – Dental cat treats; has a strong smell but the kids love it – $3.39
2. From the Field – Sammy Saturn [Link here] – Catnip toy; I have not taken it out of the bag because it looks really really messy. I just put it away after PC kept rubbing herself on it. It’s so potent even through the bag. – $11.10
3. Snack21 – Pacific Whiting [Link here] – Natural cat treats made in Canada; I have not opened this bag before but we’ve received other Snack21 goods from Meowbox before and Basil loves them – they’re a little tough to chew for PC – $7.83
4. The Empurrium – Teaser Wand Cat Toy [Link here] – aka the BEST cat toy we’ve received so far – It’s a really simply toy, a stick, an elastic-ey string, a feather and a bell but it’s so effective! Basil has gotten kinda lazy lately but this toy has got him running around like crazy – $ N/A
5. Jerry Kurlz – Road Runner [Link here] – Some straw-like material with a feather; PC played with it once, that’s it. – $1.99
6. Petlinks – Bug Catch Toy [Link here] – A catnip toy that crinkles; PC played with it once – ~$3
TOTAL ~$27 not including the awesome feather wand toy!!
This month’s box was definitely awesome 🙂
PC reflecting on what she was doing earlier.
That catnip really got to her.