I felt kinda bad that the meowbox would only be for one cat so I asked them kindly to change it to Basil & PC since they share their toys.
There must’ve been catnip because it took me 5 tries to get PC off the box. Eventually I shooed her off and then Basil comes around. Good enough.
1. Fou Fou Brands – Groomie Multi-Purpose Silicone Brush [Link here] – Most of the time when you try to groom my cats, they will bite the brush. It’s been such an arduous task that I rarely brush them (even though I should probably do it once a week) But I must say, this brush did it. At least for Basil. While I used the massage end of the brush, he was able to sit still in conjunction with treating him. Great product! Not sure about the claim that it will remove pet hair from your clothes though. – $9.99
2. Claw Doodles – Floopies Frog [Link here] – Eh – it’s a cat toy. They ran off with it when they saw it but that’s about it. – $3.90
3. Cloud 9 – Egg-splosive Treat [Link here] – Grab your silicone brush and Cloud 9 cat treats and you’ve got a cat sitting still on your lap while you groom him or her. Boom. Also, it smells like some milk candy …with a hint of cat treat. I wanted to eat it. And they’re shaped like cat heads. – $17.95/6 pack ($2.99/each)
4. American Classic – Solo Play Gopher [Link here] – Cute but my cats don’t care for toys without feathers or bells – $6.00
5. Chomper – Kylie’s Nautical Feather Spool [Link here] – Great toy. PC ran off with it the moment I finished taking the photo. Like, it was gone. And so I had to run after them and put it away. I gave it to them later on and the feathers were destroyed. I wish it were more hardy but with all cat toys with feathers, they don’t stand a chance with my kids. – ~$3.85
Approximate total: $26.73
I thought this was cute and clever btw! It came free with the box 🙂 It’s like portable snacks for your cats. We take PC out for walks so this would be perfect. Just remember not to pop it in your mouth mistaking it for gum.
SHARE THE LOVE Do you know a special cat who could use a little pick-me-up? Gift a Meowbox and bright a kitty’s day!
April showers brings May flowers and this month’s MeowBox.
It’s also a time for newborn kittens so you may want to visit your local shelter for a new addition to your family or just to donate extra goodies 🙂
1. Multipet – Loofa cat for cats [Link here] – Neither cat is a big fan but I think it will be a good kicker toy when they get bored of the other toys – $3.19
2. Petcurean – Premium dry cat food [Link here] – Our cats are on a raw diet so… – $N/A
3. Lollycadoodle playmates – wool octopus [Link here] – Very cute toy – not sure if this is for cats because they didn’t even try to attack it. I think it’s a gift for me. Ok. Yes, it’s mine now. (picture below) – $13
4. Multipet – exotic featherfly toy [no link] – The cats ran off with it the moment I unpackaged it – the sign of a true cat product – appx $4
5. FoxyTricks – crochet cat ball with bell [Link here] – Cute crochet cat ball that the cats liked pawing at – chewed off the handle the moment they got their paws on it – appx $7
6. Temptations -all natural free range chicken treat [Link here] – WHAT KIND OF CAT DOESN’T LOVE TEMPTATIONS – $1.66
If you haven’t already heard about MeowBox, it’s a subscription service for cat products. Click here to find out what previous boxes had to offer.
Finally, I just want to plug my new t-shirt design.
Cat hair shirt
Do you have (a) cat(s) or know someone who does?
This is the perfect shirt for them! Let cat hair be a fashion statement.
BUY ONE TODAY
Better late than never!!
1. Edible Animal Treats – Pawbreakers [Link here] – Seriously, it’s a jawbreaker for cats made of cat nip … sitting ignored in their play box. I think it’s too big! – $2.99
2. Amazing Pet Products – It’s Alive! Hedgehog [Link here] – A hedgehog with a pull string and it vibrates for a while – neither cat was too interested after it stopped vibrating. They should make one that vibrates for a few minutes at least. – $3.79
3. Rollover – Seafood Mini Bites [Link here] – Little seafood pellets. Basil and PC loves it! – $3.99
4. Chilly Dogs – Barn Yarn Animals [Link here] – It came with one big yarn animal and one smaller one. PC loves them both. The moment I opened the bag, she ran away with the big one. – $3.49×2
5. Zukes – Soft Treats G*ZEES [Link here] – It’s a Daily & Hip Joint supplement for cats but …our cats are babies so they’re just treats to us – $4.99
6. Tiny Timmy’s – Dirty Flea Soap [Link here] – Have not used it but since our cats are indoor-cats, we don’t really have a use for it. Also, imagine trying to lather up your cat with it…. It’s already a fiasco when they try to shower with the cat shampoo – $6 for a bar
7. Amazing Pet Products – Three Sparkly Mice [Link here] – Colourful mice trio. They chewed off their tails but ignored them soon after 🙁 – $1.89
Total Value: ~$26
The treats and the catnip toys alone make the box great! And if they get bored, we just rotate their toys. I think getting a Meowbox is a good investment if you have pets and are constantly going to the pet store to get them toys. Meowbox sources local goods so you know (most likely) they are not contaminated with anything harmful.
Here’s a picture of PC with her barn yarn animal monkey.
So… I felt kinda bad because I usually spend more time/pay more attention/take more pictures of Basil. I decided to get PC her own Meowbox!
God – even the handwriting looked nicer. I wonder if there’s a person who does cat names from A-L and then another for M-Z.
Here is what the box looks like once you open the feather flap.
1. Greenies – The Original Smart Treat [Link here] – Dental cat treats; has a strong smell but the kids love it – $3.39
2. From the Field – Sammy Saturn [Link here] – Catnip toy; I have not taken it out of the bag because it looks really really messy. I just put it away after PC kept rubbing herself on it. It’s so potent even through the bag. – $11.10
3. Snack21 – Pacific Whiting [Link here] – Natural cat treats made in Canada; I have not opened this bag before but we’ve received other Snack21 goods from Meowbox before and Basil loves them – they’re a little tough to chew for PC – $7.83
4. The Empurrium – Teaser Wand Cat Toy [Link here] – aka the BEST cat toy we’ve received so far – It’s a really simply toy, a stick, an elastic-ey string, a feather and a bell but it’s so effective! Basil has gotten kinda lazy lately but this toy has got him running around like crazy – $ N/A
5. Jerry Kurlz – Road Runner [Link here] – Some straw-like material with a feather; PC played with it once, that’s it. – $1.99
6. Petlinks – Bug Catch Toy [Link here] – A catnip toy that crinkles; PC played with it once – ~$3
TOTAL ~$27 not including the awesome feather wand toy!!
This month’s box was definitely awesome 🙂
PC reflecting on what she was doing earlier.
That catnip really got to her.